Why a non-invasive prenatal test?
Non-invasive prenatal tests can prevent the need for about 98% of invasive tests in patients at risk for T211.
* The current standard for detecting prenatal chromosomal alterations requires
the use of invasive techniques (amniocentesis and chorionic villus biopsy), which carry a risk between 0.5%-2% of spontaneous abortion.
* NACE® provides reliable information which avoids the need for unnecessary invasive techniques.
Coverage of the NACE® test for single pregnancies ordered by their importance
Detection rate according to the type of screening
Type of screening
Extended combined screening**
Microdeletions are chromosomal diseases caused by small losses in chromosomal material. The majority occur by chance, without a family history or other risk factors such as advanced age. These syndromes are generally associated with intellectual disability and malformation of dierent organs.
The NACE® Extended 24 panel of microdeletions provides physicians with a new option for a non-invasive assay/test in certain clinical situations.
The NACE® Extended 24 panel of microdeletions has been validated with clinical samples and real analyses. Its optimized algorithm deals with the complexities of these specific chromosomal regions to provide accurate answers about the loss of genetic material. The result is overall better performance, including a low false-positive rate in comparison with other tests and the lowest failure rate in the sector for this type of assay.3
Efficacy of the assay/test and its exact reliability and accuracy
1. Chui et al., BMJ 2011;342:c7401.
2. Dan S., et al. Clinical application of MPS-based prenatal non invasive fetal trisomy test for trisomias 21 and 18 in 1110S pregnancies with mixed risk factors.
3. DasChakraborty R, Bernal AJ, Schoch K, Howard TD, Ip EH, et al. (2012) Dysregulation of DGCR6 and DGCR6L: psychopathological outcomes in chromosome 22q11.2 deletion syndrome. Transl Psychiatry. 2: e105. doi:10.1038/tp.2012.31.
* Includes maternal age, nuchal translucency measurement, and the detection of the PAPP-A and free B-HCG biochemical markers.
** Includes other ultrasound markers: nasal bone absence, assessment of the ductus venosus, and tricuspid blood flow. (FP = false positives).